Assistant People & Development Manager (BKPD-NY)
Competitive package and benefits
- United States -- New York -- New York
20 April 2017
This position is responsible for overseeing and implementing the day to day Human Resources functions including, but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, training and development, benefits management, and compliance management. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Support HR team with employee relations.
- Supports Mystery Shopper and Service Standards programs.
- Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
- Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
- Responds to employee’s benefit questions, assists with resolution of problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, assists employees with paperwork related to filing medical claims, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
- Coordinates paperwork related to benefits, 401k retirement plans, workers’ compensation, and unemployment.
- Maintains employee files and Paycom database.
- Manages employee relations including, bulletin boards, birthday cards, annual holiday party, EOTM, summer picnic, etc.
- Assist with staff requests, i.e. employment verifications.
- Manages and oversees recruiting, including job postings, interviews and prescreens applicants.
- Monitor and analyze turnover reports.
- Attends and coordinates staff trainings, direct lines, coffee chats, etc.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
- Organize staff meetings, trainings and agendas monthly.
- Resolving staff issues/concerns, ensuring follow up.
- Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Ensure that the health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is adhered to at all times. Oversee monthly safety committee.
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources with focus on Employee Relations
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment; high end hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and tactfully in all interactions with employees and members needed. Discretion and confidentiality are required traits for this position.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.