PM Pasta Cook - Soho House Chicago (Club-COOK - CHICAGO )
Club-COOK - CHICAGO
- United States -- Illinois
15 February 2017
Who We Are…
Soho House is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Housed in a 1907 warehouse in the fashionable Randolph Market area, the six-storey building was originally the manufacturing centre of the Chicago Belting Factory and includes many original features such as ornamented entrance lobby and exposed concrete. The House includes 40 bedrooms, a full sized pool, screening room, gym and a glass enclosed rooftop bar & kitchen.
This position will be responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry, pizza, garde manger, breakfast and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines.
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Tuesday through Saturday PM shift availability.
- Previous pasta station experience.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skill
- Season and Prepare foods for grilling
- Regulate temperatures for boilers,grills, and roasters
- Clean and sanitize grilling equiptment after use
- Grill requested food items in accordance to customer's preferences and requests
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the kitchen and storage areas to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.